Do you tend to spend a lot of time in your head and only use your body as a brain-taxi? Would you like to replace the discomfort and fatigue in your body with relaxation and aliveness? Be able to deal with stress and conflict in a healthy and productive way? Want to reconnect with your mojo to enhance your leadership presence? This is the workshop for you!
Leadership presence starts in your body
Your embodiment – your posture, movement and breathing – influences what you think, what you feel and what you achieve. Your physical embodied presence also affects how you engage with and are perceived by others. In fact, most aspects of work, communication and relationships are embodied. Increasing your awareness of the body and your bodily patterns, will improve your leadership presence, performance and physical well-being.
Through this experiential and hands-on workshop, you will become aware of your embodied patterns (posture and movement) and in what way they may be limiting you. You will learn to make small changes in your embodiment to enhance your presence, confidence, aliveness, and connection. Since we know how hard it is to integrate new practices into an already busy life, this workshop focuses on brief, simple, and effective exercises that you can fit into your daily life.
As a participant, you will be guided through (non-athletic) body exercises individually, in pairs, and in groups to explore the following areas:
- Body language – your way of being in the world.
- How others perceive you
- Centering and focusing – changing your attitude and the outcome.
- Posture as a potential for action.
- The art of walking.
- Breathing for inspiration, energy, and relaxation.
- The role of your feet in supporting, balancing, and pushing your body.
- Your hands as a mirror of your relationship with yourself and others.
- Identifying and releasing muscle contractions and unnecessary tension.
- Finding more effective movement patterns given your body structure and your job tasks.
You will leave the workshop with:
- Awareness of your embodied patterns and their impact on yourself and others.
- Individual feedback on more effective posture and movement alternatives.
- Tools to use your body as a resource for action.
- Increased sense of relaxation and aliveness.
- Centering techniques to reduce stress and improve your performance.
- Exercises and tips to keep the practice alive in your daily life.
- Booklet & bag with tools for sustainable self-care.
Workshop leader: Bibiana Badenes
Bibiana is trained both in Physiotherapy (1988 and 2013) and in methods of body therapy and somatic education; Rolfing Method© (USA) of Structural Integration (1995). In order to understand people in a more holistic way, she has also trained in different NLP disciplines, Mindfulness, Experiential Anatomy, and Embodiment Facilitator Somatic Coaching. For more than 20 years, Bibiana has offered her body intelligence program to people suffering from stress and burnout, as well as to healthy executives.
Bibiana is a Professor at the University Superior Course Crisálida in social and managerial skills at the Jaime I University of Castellón. In 2012, she founded the International Bodywisdom Spain Congress. She is part of the board of directors of the American Association ISMETA, and has graduated in Leader as Coach: Coaching as a Leadership Approach, mindset and Process of Columbia University, NY (USA). She is a consultant for ABLE, a Swedish health and personal development company.
Since 2000, Bibiana has been running the KINESIS Center for Physiotherapy and Movement in Harmony (www.kinesis.es) in Benicàssim, Spain. There she works with a wide variety of clients and lives with her husband and three children (oh! and her dog).
Date: May 15, 2019 at 09:00-17:00
Venue: Morges (3 min. from Gare CFF)
Price for individuals: CHF 450
Price for corporate-sponsored individuals: CHF 695
Prices include coffee, snacks, and workshop material.
Questions & info: E-mail or call 079 815 76 84